- TREES produce ACORNS which act as food for many MICE and INSECTS.
- Because there are many MICE, WEASELS and SNAKES have food.
- The insects and the acorns also attract BIRDS, SKUNKS, and OPOSSUMS.
- With the SKUNKS, OPPOSUMS, WEASELS and MICE around, HAWKS, FOXES, and OWLS can find food.
- They are all connected! Like a spiders web, if one part is removed, it can affect the whole web.
FOOD WEBS show how plants and animals are connected in many ways to help them all survive. FOOD CHAINS follow just one path of energy as animals find food.